Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Hot and Creamy Crab Artichoke Dip and Champagne Punch

*** September Guest Chef - Mumsy ***

Mom's Version
(Roswell, GA)

Well, my favorite time of year is upon us.  That’s correct, it is almost fall. The forecast is for cooler nights ahead – let’s hope the powers that be are right.  Fall is also a time for weddings – and we have two coming up.  As the guest chef again, I decided to showcase one of the many appetizers I make for parties at the bridal shower my daughter and I hosted last Saturday.  (A side note:  I could actually eat appetizers every day and forego meals – I just love them).

One of my favorite apps is Hot and Creamy Crab and Artichoke Dip.  It is so simple to make, you can substitute the items you like and it takes 20 minutes to bake. Bon appetite!


Crab Artichoke Dip
Prep Time: 5 Minutes, max
Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
Total Time: 20-25 Minutes

Ingredients:


1/2C mayo
1/2C sour cream
1/2C sharp or mild cheddar cheese, shredded (or whatever kind you prefer)
1/2C cooked bacon, chopped (I always add a bit more because bacon makes it better)
¼ C Parmesan cheese
1 juice of a lemon
1-14oz jar artichokes, chopped
1/2lb crab meat
1 clove of garlic, minced
2T grain mustard
1T dill, optional (as in, I don’t like dill, but you might)

Directions:

Mix altogether and pour into casserole dish and bake in 425° oven for 15-20 minutes.

Val's Version 
(Parker, CO)

Gosh, I just love her. She's so creative and adventurous and fun. And she's MY MOM! Well, she's not always fun. Sometimes she wears her Mother pants and that can be scary. But, for the most part she's a pretty cool chic. 

I love learning from her and also taking what she does and adding my own personality. Truly, this one was simple and didn't need any added flare. It is a crowd pleaser (if you like seafood - sorry Steph Z.) and saves well if there's any left. I ended up doing this with my Buffalo Chicken Dip and both were devoured. Get creative. Serve with pretzels, pita bread, crackers or dip chips.

I have a confession. I didn't formally measure anything. I am stepping out of the textbook and am eyeballing my measurements these days. It's only really backfired once, so overall, I'm pretty awesome. 


I actually didn't take pictures of me dumping the dip ingredients together. I mean, nothing to really see there. So, here's the Champagne Punch goddess ...



Steph and I could've drank the entire container but had to be responsible parents.


Dips for days!!!! I suggest using foil containers so you have less to clean. Reduce, reuse, recycle.


Let's not forget the cutest Nole in the universe!


And her bestie ;)

Crab Artichoke Dip
Prep Time: 5 Minutes, max
Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
Total Time: 20-25 Minutes

Ingredients:

1/2C mayo
1/2C sour cream
1C cheddar jack
4 slices chopped turkey bacon
¼ C Parmesan cheese
1 juice of a lemon
1-14oz jar artichokes, chopped
1/2lb crab meat
1 clove of garlic, minced
2T yellow mustard
1T dill

Directions:

Mix altogether and pour into foil casserole dish and bake in 425° oven for 15-20 minutes.

Champagne Punch

Ingredients:

12oz cans of Limeade, Lemonade, OJ (or Pineapple) frozen juices
2L Ginger Ale
1 bottle Champagne
Frozen berries

Directions:

Dump everything into a fun serving container and add ice cubes. You could freeze berries (or grapes) in an ice cube tray for a more sophisticated appeal. Fun for baby/wedding showers, brunches or football Sunday!

No comments: