Friday, March 7, 2014

And The Oscar goes to …

Jen's Version
(Acworth, GA)

Once you see Val's entry below, I'm not sure it would even make sense why I am posting anything.

I love the Oscars! I love to watch the movies nominated and judge them. I like to pretend what my acceptance speech would be. I like to get mad when my favorite actor doesn't win. Also worth noting, Brad Pitt is my favorite actor and one day when he wins an Oscar, I will cry.

Sooo, if you didn't already know, a popcorn bar is fun for any screen viewing occasion. Honestly, a popcorn bar is good for any occasion. I did our first popcorn bar for New Year's Eve two years ago, and it was a hit. Our bar always starts with butter popcorn and M&M's. My kids and I will judge you if you don't like M&M's with your popcorn. We also added chocolate chips and crushed chocolate chip cookies this time. If you enjoy having happy children, you will take note and do this once in your life. It pairs even better with movie night and a homemade fort!


We each picked our own "movie title" for our bags.


A leather jacket is a must for scooping toppings.





And the Oscar goes to....

Val's Version 
(Denver, CO)

Jen has always been an awards show buff, so her request to do something fun for the Oscar's was not too surprising. And how can you say 'no' to celebrating with popcorn and candy???

I may have gone a little overboard and tried to make this more of a black-tie affair. Clearly I didn't take into consideration the strenuous effect this would have on my toddler. I could hardly keep him away long enough to take pictures.    


We had a few selections for the toppings; M&M's, cashews, gummy worms, Reese's Pieces, 
and yogurt covered Raisins.


And 2 different popcorn flavors; caramel and white cheddar.


Cali and I had fun making the Academy Awards. Creative juices were just flowin'!


The crystal champagne glasses and tea light candles were present for the photo opp, only. Lucas kept trying to access the candy by pulling on the table cloth when I wouldn't let him climb up into the chair. So much for the glamorous ambience ;)


Sweet and salty treats are never turned down, no matter what the occasion! I'd like to thank the Academy, I mean Jen, for such a fun party idea :)

I almost forgot … A-List actors even showed up for the after party!


Ellen Degeneres 


Matthew McConaughey


Leonardo DiCaprio 


Kristen Bell


Angelina Jolie


Emma Watson


Jennifer Lawrence


Bradley Cooper

It really was a star-studded event!!!

Popcorn Bar
*** get creative ***

Popcorn flavors of your choosing: plain, caramel, white cheddar, kettle corn, etc.
Toppings: M&M's, Reese's Pieces, gummy worms, cashew nuts, yogurt covered Raisins, Sour Patch Kids, Skittles, pretzels, etc.

2 comments:

the be4good project said...

Hilarious post - love the stars that showed up...especially Emma!

the be4good project said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.