Wednesday, February 12, 2014

TEAM USA!

Jen's Version
(Acworth, GA)

I absolutely adore the Olympics. I like both the Summer and Winter events for different reasons. The Winter Olympics have a bunch of events I like to follow, but my absolutely favorite is couples ice skating. It's just phenomenal to watch! And how fitting that Atlanta is snowed in to watch the finals tonight. Fingers crossed we keep power!

I like to keep my girls clued in with current events, so Val and I came up with some cute ideas to celebrate the Olympics. My kids have no problem participating in crafts that include M & M's and Rice Krispy Treats. (And don't tell anyone that I totally cheated, and bought the pre-made Kellogg's ones!)





Val's Version
(Denver, CO)

A little Olympic fun with a house full of kids! We're really into the winter sports since we now live in a State that is embedded with skiers and snow borders. That being said, we had a little fun …

Pretzels dipped in white chocolate aka  *Snow Skis

The kids really enjoyed the chocolate portion of the snack.


Cali helped with the dipping ...


And Lucas helped with the taste testing ...


Our version of Ski Jumping!



Then we put some flare into a chewy rice crispy treat; M&M's aka Olympic Rings!


2 of my future Olympic medalists!!!


Oh - almost forgot … we also dipped some strawberries into the left over white chocolate and then dipped into blue sprinkles. Gotta represent the homeland :)

No comments: