Thursday, October 9, 2014

Crock-Pot Balsamic Pot Roast

Jen's Version
(Acworth, GA)

It's birthday season! October houses 75% of the birthday's in my family. It's basically Christmas. And then, it is Christmas!

I came across this recipe on Pinterest, and the balsamic caught my eye when paired with pot roast. My husband LOVES pot roast and also really enjoys balsamic flavoring. Once I scanned through the ingredients, it was an easy blog worthy meal. Val pushed it off until the fall though, so here we are. Fall and birthday season, making pot roast. 


I started by mixing all ingredients minus the roast and carrots. 


This is a really clever shot, I know. 


Have you guys met Jack? This is our pet hermit crab from Garden City beach. He has been with us for over a month and a half now. That is something special. Worth noting, Jack used to have a friend. (RIP Jessica)


It does not matter WHERE you stand in my kitchen, there WILL BE a shadow. But you get the point. That's a pretty roast!


For all the food bloggers out there, this picture is valuable to us, because that's a hard shot to take and pour at once! 

What I should show you is what I do in the interim, while my food cooks itself; because that's what's happening here folks. The food is cooking itself!



A perfect fall dinner. 

Oh and I made these:


I am the mom who makes homemade birthday treats. How else do you put love in them :) Yay for birthday month! 



Crock-Pot Balsamic Pot Roast
(slightly adapted from The Chic Table)

Ingredients:

4 – 5 Lbs of Beef Chuck Roast
2 Cups of Beef Broth
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 T of Soy Sauce
1 Tsp of Salt
1/4 Tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic – Pressed
Zest of 1/2 an Orange
3-4 Carrots, chopped

Directions:

Place meat and carrots into crock pot and turn on low heat. Whisk together all the other ingredients and pour over the top of the meat. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.Serve with mashed potatoes.

Val's Version
(Denver, CO)

I was totally waiting for it to get a little colder so I could thoroughly enjoy cooking this recipe. In Denver, we seriously experience all 4 seasons within a weeks time. It's crazy. Before we moved here I thought it was always cold. Total lie. That's actually seldom the case. There are many times it's in the low 40's and I'm only wearing a long sleeve shirt with jeans. No jacket. No hat. No gloves. No scarf. Sometimes, no socks. Like today …

But, there needs to be a little nip in the air to enjoy something so hearty and soul warming. That would be this concoction. Not a lot of ingredients but it blasts you in the face with flavor. So delish and it's definitely good mood food. (((Arby's thief)))


Sooooo, this is what happens when you plan to cook a meal for 15 people AND celebrate your little girls first birthday. You remember to take one picture. One. A good one, but only one. 

Good thing Jen stayed on task this week and had better documentation. I failed and I apologize. I can't promise it won't happen again because let's be honest … this is part of my reality. But, I'll pay more attention next time. 

I stayed pretty true to this recipe. I did, however, pick the wrong meat. I did pork instead of beef. Again, my reality. But, it was quite tasty and there was barely enough to go around. Served this over a bed of egg noodles with buttered bread and salad!


Oh, and this was not baked by me, but was too cuooooooote not to post. 


Our little Peanut is the newest addition to our October birthday extravaganzas and I must say …
 the cutest! Happy 1st Birthday, Princess!!

Crock-Pot Balsamic Pot Roast
(slightly adapted from The Chic Table)

Ingredients:

4 – 5 Lbs of Pork Roast
3 Cups of Beef Broth
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 T of Soy Sauce
1 T Hot Sauce
1 Tsp of Salt
1/4 Tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic, minced
Zest of 1/2 an Orange
1 lb bag of Baby Carrots
Red Potatoes (don't overcrowd crock pot)

Directions:

Place meat, potatoes and carrots into crock pot and turn on low heat. Whisk together all the other ingredients and pour over the top of the meat. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with egg noodles.

No comments: